In honor of my recent birthday here are 23 little random facts that you may or may not know about me.
- I am a licensed cosmetologist.
- When I was in 5th grade I won an award for being on the morning talk show in school…I was chosen because I was always on time for school.
- In high school I didn’t date anyone, I didn’t even kiss anyone. I just went home and watched Gilmore Girls and wrote mostly. It was really boring, but my parents were happy.
- The first time I ever went on a date the guy took me to Big Lots…I wish I was kidding.
- I worked for Estée Lauder when I was 18, I guess that’s an achievement because all of my coworkers were much older than me and they told me it’s very rare to hire someone who has no experience in cosmetics.
- The first time I cut myself cutting hair, I was happy. I felt like I was initiated..I was so giddy I thought “yes this means I’m on my way to becoming successful”
- I always said that the happiest day of my life would be when I cut someone’s hair and they paid me for it…I still have the money hanging up on a clip board in my room.
- I didn’t know how to properly read until I was in the second grade, and I taught myself.
- Without a few rings on my hand, I feel uncomfortable.
- I always crave water. If I don’t bring water with me when I go somewhere I freak out a little.
- I have a scar I’m insecure about and I don’t want people to see.
- Before I go to sleep I always make these little noises because I am literally so happy to go to sleep.
- My family is very conservative. We were never allowed to go to Hooters. When I went to college, & I could drive, I finally got to go.
- I hate starting sentences with “I” when I write, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
- When I drive over a bridge I can’t drive on the side by the water..it terrifies me, I have to be on the other side where the ramp is.
- Coffee may just be one of my favorite things of all time, I like it hot and with a lot of cream.
- My favorite movie ever is Walk the Line, I love Johnny Cash. I think Walk the line is my favorite song of all time as well.
- My day is not complete without an impromptu dance party.
- When I was younger I had 2 piano teachers. One was really fun, the other was serious and always yelled at me telling me I was dyslexic.
- If you tell me the directions to somewhere there’s a 100% chance I’ll end up at the wrong place & at least 10 minutes late. I am incredibly sorry. Geography was never my thing.
- My mom was very creative. She had a great eye for interior design & every time I see mosaic tiles, I think of her.
- New York is probably my favorite place ever. Every time I go there my heart feels so full and I feel so creative and happy.
- All I ever wanted was to change the world, even if it’s one person’s world..that’s enough for me. Sometimes, but not always, I try to say the same prayer every day/night I say thank you and I ask God to help me serve Him, help me be a blessing in someone’s life. I’m not sure if it’s ever been answered, but I like to think so.
Thank you for reading, I love you xo